First Nations Communities
For the past nine years, Anba Abraam has supported and funded an annual mission to serve a First Nations Community in Northern Ontario. The goal of this service is to raise awareness about the culture and needs of the First Nations, as well as to create a positive impact and bond of brotherhood and friendship with the First Nation’s youth and the community as a whole.
Over the years, our volunteers have focused on serving the children and youth through the following:
• Constructing and equipping a youth center.
• Offering dental service and oral hygiene through a mobile dental clinic.
• Conducting children day camp integrating physical activity, crafts, drama, arts, and sciences.
• Interacting through sports competitions.
• Holding motivational sessions with youth on challenging social topics.
• Conducting teaching sessions on personal hygiene, diet, and health related issues.